Support > Reduce Latency with ASIO4ALL
Older XP laptops can use the FREE ASIO4ALL open soure driver to help reduce latency in Mixcraft and other sequencing programs
- Go to http://www.asio4all.com/ and download the latest installer for your Operating System. (note - sometimes this site get a little slow/balky)...
- Open and install the application - accepting default recommendations.
- Open Mixcraft (will work with other appliations - but we'll focus on Mixcraft).
- In Mixcraft menu bar - choose File>Preferences - from the dialog - choose Sound Devices and select ASIO as per picture below.
- Selection Open Mixer and choose your Output (usually Realtek, AC97 for Laptops)..
- Reduce buffer size but check out quality of recording to make sure you haven't gone too far. THis is the setting that will vary on a per-system basis.